Family Gifts & Support
When your loved one is in the hospital, you likely want to do what you can to show your support. At Resolute Health Hospital, we make it easy for you to help care for your family member or friend. From showing your support through giving fresh flowers or other gifts to offering private prayers for your loved one, you’ll find all the resources you need here.
Your visitation and support can help brighten a patient’s day. In addition to hospital gifts and prayers, doing what you can to learn about your loved one’s condition and treatment can also help you provide the best care and support possible.
What You Can Do
Simple ways you can help include:
- Bringing small personal items (such as photographs) to help your loved one feel more at home
- Creating a checklist for needed items during the hospital stay
- Asking your loved one to help create a list of approved visitors, so he or she doesn’t feel overwhelmed or caught off guard by visitors
- Discussing a discharge plan with your loved one’s health care team. Find out:
- What special care, if any, will be needed at home?
- Will there be special dietary needs following discharge?
- Will your loved one need help with daily tasks, such as cooking, cleaning or driving children to school?
- Finding out the names of the medical staff members helping your loved one and creating an open line of communication