Women's Labor & Delivery
Welcome to The Nest
When it comes to the birth of your child, your experience is a time you’ll never forget. The expert, compassionate providers at The Nest at Resolute Health Hospital are here to ensure that every aspect of your delivery with us is carefully and meticulously planned with the goal of providing you with a safe and joyous childbirth experience.
With The Nest’s maternity services, you’ll find:
- A highly secure, locked unit
- A private room with an extra bed for dad or a guest
- Kangaroo rockers and sofa beds in every room to promote skin-to-skin time
- Lactation support in your room and after delivery
- An OB triage, dedicated labor and C-section suites and couplet care
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) if your baby needs special care
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Plenty of healthy food options
And you can rest assured that at Resolute Health, we offer the highest level of care for your newborn baby, with the only Level III neonatal care unit between Austin and San Antonio. With an experienced staff, extensive support services for you and your family and plenty of extra touches, your stay is sure to be a special and memorable experience.
Maternity: What to Expect
- A welcoming and relaxing environment in our private waiting room
- Experienced and caring staff providing you support throughout your labor
- Freedom to move around with rockers in every room for laboring, as well as wireless fetal monitoring to enhance movement around your room while laboring
- Highly skilled nurses monitoring your labor and keeping your doctor informed of your progress
- A five-bed private OB triage with private bathrooms
- Visual and audio relaxation through Skylight on your TV
- 24-hour, in-house anesthesiologist dedicated to OB services
- Family-centered care means your baby is with you as often as possible
- Strong lactation support with Texas Ten Step services, including skin-to-skin time for mommy, baby and daddy
- Skin-to-skin care immediately after delivery
- Dedicated obstetrical anesthesia services are available on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Couplet Care designed to involve family in your baby’s care and allows you both to be cared by the same nurse in the same room
- Resources and support for postpartum care
For more information on what to expect during your visit to The Nest, read our Be Ready Booklet.
Take a Tour
To schedule a tour or sign up for a class, visit Tours & Classes.
For more information about childbirth services at The Nest, contact the Labor & Delivery Department at (830) 500-6070.