Breathe Easier with Lung Cancer Care You Can Trust
At Resolute Baptist Hospital, you’ll find:
- Care tailored to your cancer with a comprehensive team of specialists at the Lung Institute at Resolute Baptist Hospital
- The information you need at every step with a cancer nurse navigator to guide your journey
- Experts experienced with recognizing lung cancer symptoms and finding the lung cancer treatment that’s right for you
Advanced Lung Cancer Care at Resolute
Resolute Baptist Hospital is dedicated to bringing you advanced lung cancer care. Our experienced oncologists strive to provide accurate diagnosis and leading-edge cancer treatments to the New Braunfels community.
Here you’ll find the full continuum of inpatient and outpatient lung cancer care, from diagnosis and surgery to ongoing treatment and a full range of support services. We work to help empower you to be a partner in your care with support from an experienced cancer nurse navigator. You’ll receive support at every step of the journey — from screening to diagnosis through treatment and ongoing follow-up.
Lung Cancer Services
At Resolute Baptist Hospital, you’ll find lung cancer treatment from caring professionals. Our team of oncologists works to return you to health and find the treatment that’s best for you. We can help patients with malignancies of the lung, esophagus, trachea, chest wall, pericardium and pulmonary system.
Lung Cancer Screening
Before you may display lung cancer symptoms, your doctor can evaluate you to see if you’re a candidate for lung cancer screening for early detection. This screening is available to high-risk patients that meet the following screening criteria:
- Between ages 55 and 80
- Have a 30 pack-year smoking history (one pack a day for 30 years, two packs a day for 15 years, etc.)
- Currently smoke or have quit smoking within the past 15 years
- Have other risk factors such as:
- Exposure to radon or certain occupational hazards, such as asbestos
- Family history of lung cancer
- Personal history of pulmonary fibrosis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Lung Cancer Diagnosis
We use advanced equipment to diagnose and biopsy potentially cancerous lung lesions and nodules without traditional surgery, offering you a procedure with minimal pain, faster recovery, a shorter hospital stay and a quicker return to your normal activities.